baslinux - Re: [BL] LPrinting with BasLinux 3.2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] LPrinting with BasLinux 3.2
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:04:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Alejandro Lieber wrote:

insmod parport
insmod parport_pc
insmod lp

It works with lp1.
But I want to use lp0, the same output I use in DOS.
What do I change to use lp0 instead of lp1 ?

I suggest you specify the port address:
insmod parport_pc io=0x378 ## or io=0x278

Could I do something similar to get linux to print with lp1 - such as insmod parport_pc for BOTH addresses? I have two different printers attached to the same computer. Dot-matrix for normal use, inkjet for printing pdf files. If you don't specify address does linux only work with the first address not both? Can you specify two addresses on one insmod line? There is a third possible address I can jumper (or set in CMOS) with a b in it, to which my card that had problems was set (and parport_pc was not finding it, perhaps because it was second not first in line).