baslinux - Re: [BL] LPrinting with BasLinux 3.2

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] LPrinting with BasLinux 3.2
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:44:05

On 8 Jan 05 at 23:31, sindi keesan wrote:

> Have you done
> insmod parport
> insmod parport_pc
> insmod lp
Done

> Or have you tried using Steven's 'wp' program, which does the above
> insmod's and sends your file to the printer?
Done

Now it works, but I have two parallel outputs.
It works with lp1.
But I want to use lp0, the same output I use in DOS.

What do I change to use lp0 instead of lp1 ?

> I have one HGC card with a printer port that works in DOS but not in linux
> no matter how I set it up. What is DLC? I have heard of SX, SLC, and
> DX. Is DLC a low-energy equivalent of a 486DX cpu?

The 486DLC was a Citrix procesor, similar to a 386DX.
The LandMark speed test of my different computers gave:

20Mhz 286: 20
33Mhz 386SX: 45
40Mhz 386DX: 60
40Mhz 486DLC: 122
40Mhz 486SX: 160
66Mhz 486DX2: 240

> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Alejandro Lieber wrote:
^^^^
I forgot to correct the year in a small program, as
this 486DLC is not Y2K compliant.

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina