baslinux - Re: [BL] LPrinting with BasLinux 3.2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: dos AT lieber.com.ar, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] LPrinting with BasLinux 3.2
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:31:16 +0000 (UTC)

Have you done
insmod parport
insmod parport_pc
insmod lp

Or have you tried using Steven's 'wp' program, which does the above insmod's and sends your file to the printer?

I have one HGC card with a printer port that works in DOS but not in linux no matter how I set it up. What is DLC? I have heard of SX, SLC, and DX. Is DLC a low-energy equivalent of a 486DX cpu?

BL3.32 works quite nicely for me in 8MB RAM (loop version) except that Xvesa only works on it in 4-bit color.