baslinux - RE: [BL] LPrinting with BasLinux 3.2

  • From: "Albert van Dam" <albert AT ipdevelopers.co.za>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [BL] LPrinting with BasLinux 3.2
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:44:36 +0200

> no matter how I set it up. What is DLC? I have heard of SX, SLC, and
> DX. Is DLC a low-energy equivalent of a 486DX cpu?

A quick Google brought me to http://cpu-museum.de which let me believe:

- Intel and AMD manufactured the DX and SX processors.

- Cyrix, Texas Instruments and IIT manufactured the DLC processors in 33 and
40MHz versions.

- Cyrix manufactured a 25 MHz SLC processor and Texas Instruments a 33 MHz
SLC processor.

- ULCI brought out an Advanced Math Processor (@ 40MHz) for a DX and DLC
processor.

Have a look at http://cpu-museum.de/?q=dlc for a list of all DLC processors
Have a look at http://cpu-museum.de/?q=slc for a list of all SLC processors

Unfortunately it does not have a lot of technical detail, but lists
Processor Speed, Bus Speed, L1 Cache, FPU, when it was introduced and when
it was manufactured.

The naming was probably due to copyright or patent rights enforced by Intel
on the DX and SX processors but it might also be a different architecture
manufactured by the non main stream manufacturers. These days I only see
Cyrix processors (mostly MediaGX/Geode processors) in Industrial
applications and it's been a while since I've seen a Texas Instruments
processor.