baslinux - Re: [BL] Windows networking

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Windows networking
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:22:41 -0500

> For all you Windows-users out there, I've just uploaded a package that lets
> BL3 access Windows network shares. I've had a Windows 95 machine to play
> with for the last few days, so I decided to do something useful with it
> (namely test BL3 connectivity). It definitely works with Windows 95. I
> can't speak for other versions of Windows. If you get it to work with a
> different version of Windows, please report back here.
>
> http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/smbclien.tgz

Thanks much, Steven.

I could use some help from my fellow Windows-users:

I read your 4 steps on how to use the smbclient.

But thus far my Windows networking of two computers has used only the
NetBEUI protocol (whatever that is) with my Ethernet card.

I am guessing that TCP would be involved somehow in the Windows <-> Linux
thing?

Can someone explain how to make this computer,when running MS-Windows,
accessible from the other one, which would be running BL3.3 and the new
smbclient?

Thanks again,

Sheldon Isaac