baslinux - Re: [BL] Using Mutt e-mail client

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Using Mutt e-mail client
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:16:43 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> > telnet address_of_matanza_computer 7993
>
> I can just telnet to 192.168.1.1 like I do with send?

If matanza is running on 192.168.1.1 then you do this:
------------------------
telnet 192.168.1.1 7993
------------------------
That will connect you immediately to matanza (you don't
get the usual telnet login).

> Could I also just telnet from one computer to run a
> program on the other computer?

For that you need a proper telnet server for the telnet
clients to connect to. Matanza is not a proper telnet
server -- all it does is serve the game to any telnet
clients that connect.

> How about telnetting via DOS without first dialing?

If you get TCP/IP networking running in DOS and have a
DOS telnet client, you will be able to play matanza from
DOS.

> It would be interesting to do wordprocessing on a DOS
> computer and then telnet to a linux computer

Many years ago, I played around with DOS TCP/IP networking
and it is possible (with much trial and error) to connect
to Linux servers using DOS clients. However, it is not
easy.

> I presume I would need a second person to play these
> games with, or are they all single-user?

Only matanza is multi-player (although you can enter the
game by yourself and blast asteroids). The other add-on
games are for one person. So are the two games that come
with BL3.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru