baslinux - Re: [BL] Using Mutt e-mail client

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Using Mutt e-mail client
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:48:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I will try to test out these games some day but I really
don't understand how to set up a network other than
to just send/receive files

That's all you need for matanza. If you are able to
send/receive between two computers, you are able to run
matanza. Simply execute matanza on one computer and then
(on the other computer) telnet to the matanza computer.
telnet address_of_matanza_computer 7993

I can just telnet to 192.168.1.1 like I do with send?
Could I also just telnet from one computer to run a program on the other computer? How about telnetting via DOS without first dialing? Using DOS as a dumb terminal? It would be interesting to do wordprocessing on a DOS computer and then telnet to a linux computer that is online, to send mail with the document via linux.

I am impressed by the simplicity of the matanza setup:
a single executable which serves real-time graphics to
ordinary telnet clients.

and at least one is network based.

The only network game in the BL3 add-ons is matanza.

Okay. But I presume I would need a second person to play these games with, or are they all single-user? I could not make sense of the BL1 games, not being familiar with games. I figured out freecell after I tried it in Windows first.