baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound works (workbone), Realaudio won't install in Xvesa

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound works (workbone), Realaudio won't install in Xvesa
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:40:14 +0000

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 02:22:08PM +1000, Ron Clarke wrote:
> Hi Sindi,
>
> > On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 08:17:27AM +1000, Ron Clarke wrote:
>
> > > There are a few like that - and some of them can only play one track.
> > > If you want a DOS MIDI player, try FreeCDP. It is freeware, written by
> > > Florian Xaver. Go to:

> That URL is no longer working. So I wrote to Florian and got
> the correct one. He has stopped developing FreeCDP, but is still
> works just fine using the Allegro sound libraries, and is to be found
> (with source code) at:
>
> http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/17707.html

I figured this out and found it somewhere else already, long URL, and
downloaded the 800K zip file but have not yet tried it out.
Sounds handy - plays midi, wav, mp3 and audio CDs. Is there something
similarly all-purpose for linux? Or have you tried compiling this source
code for use with linux? While searching I ran across lots of other DOS
audio programs.