baslinux - [BL] Realaudio works in BL2 with Opera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Realaudio works in BL2 with Opera
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:25:13 +0000

I have set up Realaudio as the Appilcation for file types rm,rmm,ram,ra
with web address fed to application. I am not sure how I made this work,
but I did run the two .sh scripts in the RealPlayer8 directory. The Help
files tell you how to use, not install, the program.
The first three classical stations I tried to listen to are off the air
through Aug 29 (today) due to Olympics.
My ISP is still not accessible so I used the old one that I sold to a
friend who rarely uses it. My ISP is a local college and theyjust
instituted online course signup which is probably clogging the system. Is
there some way to adjust eznet to wait longer for a connection?

Iam downloading mplayer source. Is it available precompiled for kernel
2.2.x and glibc 2.2.5?

I did not need to add anything for Realaudio that was not already need for
plain X and Opera.

Mplayer plays a lot of formats I don't want. Most stattions seem to
require it now. Even some RA stations would not work with linux RP8.

I deleted anytying kde or gnome that the .install scripts put into
/root/.opera and things still work.

Opera will play local wav files.

The following script works for ess solo:
insmod soundcore
insmod soundlow
insmod sound
insmod esssolo1

No need for #!/bin/sh or v_midi or uart401. sb modules needed both.
The sb script that I wrote may have not worked because I forgot to boot
with bare-i kernel.