baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 reports=>Freedos

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 reports=>Freedos
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:52:54 -0500 (CDT)

Whoever onlist previously said they'd gotten BL3 to boot and then
successfully startx - I'd like to hear more from you. The Freedos I
installed does *not* allow me to successfully run startx once booted into
BL3. Its memory managers likewise seem to be interfering. The downside
of all this is that Freedos doesn't have the menuing capabilites of M$DOS,
so the menu I had made up for another M$DOS machine (allowing to skip
startup files) was useless. I fiddled around trying to find a way to edit
the menu such that I could select bypassing startup files as an option,
but have come up empty on that. If anyone knows how to make a menu item
for a Freedos start menu that will allow skipping startup files, please
pitch in and say so. The only way I could finally get around them (or
around autoexec.bat, which is what seemed to be causing the problems) was
to hit F5 when the menu appeared. After that I was finally able to
successfully run startx once booted into BL3.

James