baslinux - Re: [BL] Yes, I do have some problems with bl

  • From: "Jeff M." <mojaveplan AT icehouse.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Yes, I do have some problems with bl
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:19:44 -0700

> What does FreeDOS do better than the latest free version of DR-DOS?

I searched for a 'free' version of DR-DOS. I found a convoluted trail of
websites leading to a set of floppy images and an uncertain licensing
scheme. What's the real story? FreeDOS has a gpl license and an .iso
image (about 11Mb). I see drdos multitasks, but all I really need dos
for is a couple of old ham radio apps I can't replace or bear to part
with.

>I think I looked at it once a few years ago and could not get it
>working properly but it was probably my fault.

The same thing happened to me at one time or another. Everything since
b9rc3 has installed flawlessly for me with the cd images.

Thanks,
Jeff