baslinux - Re: [BL] modem problem

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] modem problem
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:39:03 -0400 (EDT)

echo atz > /dev/ttyS1 (internal modem on com2) did not help, when entered
manually just before dialing rather than in rc.M. We have had to put
lines in autoexec.bat before to deal with a couple of Cirrus pnp
non-winmodems that had to be hung up before they would work in DOS.
Unfortunately that also hung up the connection if someone turned on the
computer and the other person was online. We are using them for Windows
computers for friends instead.

I dial and see 'registered device ppp0' and wait a while.
I Ctrl-C and dial again and immediately get noises and it dials and says
Serial connection established. Nothing about registered device this time.
Other suggestions? My workaround is tolerable.