baslinux - Re: [BL] modem problem

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] modem problem
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:37:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I dial and see 'registered device ppp0' and wait a while.
> I Ctrl-C and dial again and immediately get noises and it dials and says
> Serial connection established. Nothing about registered device this time.
> Other suggestions? My workaround is tolerable.

Take a look in the script that's doing the dialing and see exactly what is
happening at all stages of the run (if it's not too much data, drop a copy
of the scripts into emails to the list, or myself personally so I can look
them over). There's got to be some line in there that is "fixing" the
modem on the cancelation that's allowing it to dial the second time.

I'm surprised the echo atz didn't work. Does the modem work properly if
you use kermit, then try to dial the ISP? If so, that would indicate that
kermit initialized it properly for the ISP dial. If not, then it's
possible that something in the early part of the ISP dial is
un-initializing the modem somehow.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org