baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Robert Steinmetz <rob AT steinmetznet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:47:47 -0500

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

I've started work on BasicLinux 3.10.
Please remind me of any bug-fixes or other improvements you think should go in.

Do you intend to add PCMCIA support at this time? If so I suggest the you add CONFIG_NET_RADIO to the kernel, if it doesn't add too much to the size. One of the major features requested in notebooks is wireless connectivity. I think the two features got hand in hand.

BTW I just got BL3 running on a Zenith Zlite color w/12 MB of ram and it is amazing what it can do.Great job. If it had PCMCIA support I could access the internet and it would work pretty well as an internet appliance.

Another feature which might be helpful and which I haven't looked into at all is support for drivespaced (compressed) DOS file systems.

Another feature I would find helpful is to add more video options to Xsetup.

--
Robert Steinmetz
Principal