baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Samual Acorn <sam_acorn AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

i boot
insmod 8390
insmod ne io=0x300
(installs fine)
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.2 up
(works -- pings)
then i 'startx'
(i edited 'startx' to have the -ac option)
then from within X i run rxvt and telnet to
192.168.0.1
when i try to run gqview for instance it says it
cannot connect... then i telnet from my other linux
box (192.168.0.3) and run gqview and it runs just fine
(after typing xhost 192.168.0.1 of course)

i used nmap to scan BL while X was running and port
6000 -is- open but nothing wants to work with it