baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:26:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > Why not just use zimage from BL2 instead?
>
> Because the BL2 kernel won't boot BL3.

Why is this? the bare.i kernel will boot both BL2 and BL3, but the BL2
zimage can't bot the BL3? From a technical viewpoint, what is the
difference between teh BL2 and the BL3 kernels (aside from the file size
obviously) that prevents BL3 from booting off the BL2 kernel? And, what is
in bare.i that allows both 2 and 3 to boot off of it?

Just asking for my own knowledge desire :) feel free to get as technical
as you want (anything I don't understand I'll just google for and if still
confused ask here) :)

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org