baslinux - Re: [BL] Shared library upgrades

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Shared library upgrades
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:18:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> The only reason I wanted to keep the older glibc was to compile for other
> BL2 users who had not upgrade glibcso. I am giving up on this as it is
> easy and not very space consuming to upgrade glibcso. It does not seem
> necessary to upgrade the other four files used in compiling (linuxinc is
> kernel specific, egcs and make and binutils from SW71 seem to work with
> the later glibc from SW71).

So essentially, if I don't plan to compile programs and release them for
other BL2 users, then I'm fine upgrading my glibcso? There were no
problems with older programs needing older libraries? If so, then it's
good to see at least one library dependability that is fully backwards
compaitble (as opposed to M$ VB DLLs) :)

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org