baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 - library downgrade problems (glibc-2.2.5>2.1.3) (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 - library downgrade problems (glibc-2.2.5>2.1.3) (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:14:18 -0500 (EST)

I just tried to removepkg glibc (2.1.3) and was told that glibc was not on
the list in /var/log/packages of programs on the computer (because it had
been removed during the attempt to upgrade, possibly because whoever wrote
upgradepkg did not expect people to run out of disk space).

I deleted it manually instead: rm /lib/*2.1.3
Is there anything else I should have deleted?

I then tried to installpkg glibc-2.2.5 and at the end got several pages of
rm or ln errors: error while loading shared libraries: /libc.so.6:
invalid ELF header. I can use ln, I just checked. Also rm.

So whatever I have done to my computer is also making it impossible to
upgrade glibc. I wonder what I did?

as still gives the same error message about invalid ELF headers.

Everything else seems to work, but I cannot compile. Time to make another
linux computer without mixed libraries. This one has a rattly loud power
supply fan anyway.