baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 with Xvesa and rxvt

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 with Xvesa and rxvt
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:36:15 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 keesan AT iamjlamb.com wrote:

> I installed xbin xlib xpm xfnts xf100 and bl2-x (the latter may
> not be needed) in BL2.

bl2-x contains Steven's icewm setup including menus so we will keep it.

> Two problems:
>
> In BL3 I can change font size with -fn 11x17 but here I still get the
> default tiny font. Where/how do I change the default font for rxvt?.

This is not terribly important since we can use xterm in icewm instead,
and it is easy to change fonts in xterm.

> I cannot get this to work as an alias or script. Typing in the exact
> same line that works after a prompt as alias x='....' or in a script
> gets me only as far as the big X (at 640 res) on the mottled greyish
> background, not to the 1024 resolution or an rxvt or wm. Why?

We got this working by using &rxvt instead of & rxvt. Both work from the
command line but in an alias you need to remove the space. Why?

Xvesa &rxvt -e icewm (or twm, or wm....)
To use Opera you need color depth 12 or greater so add -screen 800x600x12
after rxvt (and optional cursor and other colors).