baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 - links2.1.14 shared at delilinux (with ssl?)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 - links2.1.14 shared at delilinux (with ssl?)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:28:59 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Steven, do you have time or interest in compiling links2 shared for BL3
> with ssl and libX11 dependencies? I will attempt to compile for BL2 once
> I get another computer put together that does not have updated runtime
> libraries to complicate matters.

Links2.1.9 and links2.1.14 were both able to manage the javascript
examples at www.pages.org/javascript - at least the ones that did not
require a mouse. Do I install gpm mouse for use with svgalib or does it
provide mouse capabilities? I looked at the man page for svgalib and
there was a way to compile without mouse capabilities. I tried mousetest
and got a bunch of vertical colored stripes with no instructions (but that
happened with several other tests, so the video card may not be capable of
these tests) . There are some buttons that cannot be clicked with just
the keyboard navigation.

Does anyone know how to set up the keyboard to emulate mouse movement and
clicks? (arrow mouse - used in Arachne) Or in general how to remap the
console keyboard? Something like xmodmap but no x.

links-0.93 could not do any of this javascript.

Links2 also did some javascript at landsend.com, but not 'check supported
browser' - that one got me a blank page instead of 'your browser is not
supported'.

Off topic - but do not type resizecons on one console while you are
running an application (at least not while you are running a browser
online) in another cnosole. My screen went black, typing resizecons 80x25
did not restore the original console, and I had to reboot. I could not
resizecons 132x25 again even after that (and after powering off and on)
until I did vga=ask, chose 132x25 mode, and did restoretextmode -w 132x25
again. Something got messed up somewhere in the hardware?