baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 without X on an XT keyboard - scroll buffer

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 without X on an XT keyboard - scroll buffer
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:26:50 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, James Miller wrote:

> Now wait a minute. Are you saying you installed screen to BL2? Or are
> you just telling us about its capabilities (which I already know about
> anyway) and saying that, in theory, it could help you get BL2 working as
> you want? If it's actually installed and working, I want to know more -
> mainly what dependency issues you confronted. Any other information on
> installing and running it would also be relevant to post here.

I am running screen compiled for SW80 (can't recall where I got it, not
the main slackware site) which required a file from elflibs.tgz and
libncurses.so.5.2. I posted it at www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/screen39.tgz.
Screen 3.9.13. Just under 300K. I got this because I could not find
screen for SW71. Now I found it:

Linuxpackages.net has screen 3.9.9 (265K) for SW71.

rpmfind lists versions of screen for i386 back to Redhat 4.0.
What version of Redhat corresponds to Slackware 4.0? (BL3)