baslinux - Re: [BL] fs.img size choice?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] fs.img size choice?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:49:35 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> James Miller wrote:
> >
> > how about letting the user choose, somehow, what size
> > he/she'd like fs.img to be?
> > Would this sort of choice be feasible
>
> No. fs.img is a real ext2fs. The size cannot be changed,
> for the same reason you cannot expand or shrink a Linux
> partition on HD after you have installed the filesystem.

BL2 allows for a second 4M RAM disk if you have space. Could you somehow
set up BL3 to allow for a second 15M fs.img (use a different boot file?).

> There are still a couple of surprises in BL3 that nobody has
> discovered yet. Plenty of stuff to keep us talking.

Any hints where to look for them? usr/bin?

dc, tiny calculator. Does not need a mouse ;=} dc 2 2 add (enter) 4
cal - tiny calendar
busybox whoami in case you forget you are root
unzip - I could have used this in BL2 when the source code was .zip and I
tried to unzip in DOS and the long file names overwrite each other.
uptime: 11:47 load average 0.00