baslinux - [BL] BL1 links broken & antiword and browsers

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL1 links broken & antiword and browsers
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:49:06 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> So far nobody has expressed any interesting in my antiword 0.35 package
> (James posted it but Steven still has version 0.32 at his site). It works
> fine for us. How would we set up Opera to open MSWORD .doc files with
> antiword? I tried just putting in 'antiword' on the application line but
> it appears I need something longer, such as a script. James, can you help
> with this? antiword $1 > stdout?

I rarely use Opera, so I can't say anything specific about that. You're
ahead of me in proposing "antiword $1 > stdout" (not even sure what $1
does and what stdout is) - sorry. Do you need to maybe specify that it
should run in an xterm? I don't suppose Opera allows piping of programs
from the browser (like in Links, where you could maybe do antiword %
|-less or something)? Just some guesses at what might work . . .

> I may try BL1 today if we can get BL1 to hd -did anyone get around to
> fixing the link to BL1-hd.tgz or post it somewhere else? About 744K file.
> I have a copy of the version from over a year ago but if there is a new
> one will wait for it.

I think I've got all the BL1 core files (including the install to HD file)
at my add-ons site for BL1. Check there if you can't get the other links
working for you. Btw, I have experienced problems accessing many ftp
sites using the older Links that comes with BL: it can't access the site
for some reason, but indications from the browser are that the site is
down. Anyone have any idea why older Links has this problem with
accessing
ftp sites?

James