baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:36:55 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Good. I'll get the initrd.gz ready. You put it in a
> BOOT.BAT just like baslinux.gz. Be interesting to see
> if a ramdisk of that size will work in 4mb RAM.

Let me know when it's ready. We're moving tomorrow, so I don't know if
I'll be able to devote sufficient attention to it in the next 2 - 3 days,
but I'll try to fit it in whenever and wherever possible

> > I'm not quite sure how to find out how much of memory
> > it's taking up, though.

> dmesg | grep Mem

Memory: 3236k/5120k available (972k kernel code, 384k reserved, 528k data)

That's right after bootup and logging in as root, no other
programs/processes started.

James