baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:13:45 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> It's available now:
> http://basiclinux.com.ru/download/x-initrd.gz
>
> Put it in your BOOT.BAT instead of baslinux.gz. It will
> boot with the ordinary BL1 or BL2 kernels, but it will
> only be network-capable if you use a net.i bzimage from
> Slackware (or a network-capable kernel from another distro).
> After you boot, answer the questions and do the following:
> ----------------------------
> ifconfig eth0 www.xxx.yy.zzz (skip if not network-capable)
> startx
> ----------------------------

Managed to sneak in a test during final stages of packing. I selected
serial mouse, lowest color depth and lowest resolution. ifconfig'd, then
did startx: screen goes blank black and just sits there. After a short
time, if I do ctrl-alt-F2 and then ctrl-alt-F1, I get console mode back,
with some error messages on the screen as follows:

<#>startx
sigaction for smart scheduler: Function not implemented
Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM