baslinux - [BL] ltools for DOS?

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ltools for DOS?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:50:05 -0600 (CST)

I went looking for ltools yesterday, wanting to investigate a bit further.
I found the latest version (6.6) at the author's site and downloaded it.
On unzipping the 2+MB file though, I was horrified to see all manner of
gif files, html files, java files - and who knows what else not directly
related to accessing Linux from DOS - being inflated. It seems this
latest version - and perhaps several generations of its predecessors - are
geared to running, not on DOS in the BL sense ("real DOS" as Steven called
it), but under Windows. The one I got specifically talked about using it
under XP and 2K. This leaves me looking for a real DOS version of ltools.
Can anyone point me to one? Has anyone here used ltools before? Could I
maybe just delete a whole lot of this crap that I unzipped, leaving only
some key DOS executables and get the functionality I want from 6.6?
Maybe I should write the author and ask him . . .

Input on this appreciated

James