baslinux - Re: [BL] CD-writing

  • From: "Peter Expolio" <info.wetware AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CD-writing
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:00:03 -0500

BTW, is it feasible at all to consider CD-burning on a 486DX4/100Mgz w/ 16Mb
RAM and 36Mb swap at all? That's the spec of my BL box, and a lot of people
have been swearing to me I shouldn't even think of it. Funny, because I
actually came across a LG IDE CD-burner which actually specified "Slackware
kernel 2.2.x" as one of its OS requirements. But, since it also claimed to
need 200Mb RAM, the shopkeeper just looked back at me and told me to forget
it.

Any ideas? Is anyone out there burning CDs on a 486?

Best,

Kamen