baslinux - Re: [BL] CD-writing

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CD-writing
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:00:15

On 24 Dec 03 at 18:24, keesan AT iamjlamb.com wrote:

>Are there DOS CD-burner programs?

Yes, have a look at this site:

http://www.opus.co.tt/dave/index.htm

The up-to-date Linux CD burner 'cdtools' has been ported to DOS.
Big advantage: You have to read the documentation only once.
Installation under DOS seems to be much easier than under Linux
(read BL FAQ!).

>> BTW, is it feasible at all to consider CD-burning on a 486DX4/100Mgz w/
>> 16Mb RAM and 36Mb swap at all? That's the spec of my BL box, and a lot of
>> people have been swearing to me I shouldn't even think of it. Funny,
>> because I actually came across a LG IDE CD-burner which actually specified
>> "Slackware kernel 2.2.x" as one of its OS requirements. But, since it also
>> claimed to need 200Mb RAM, the shopkeeper just looked back at me and told
>> me to forget it.
>

>> Any ideas? Is anyone out there burning CDs on a 486?

You will mainly need a huge hard disk with at least 800 Mb free.

Christof Lange

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov