baslinux - Re: [BL] CD-writing

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CD-writing
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:02:46 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> Yes, have a look at this site:
>
> http://www.opus.co.tt/dave/index.htm

At this site I found a link to ltools for Win/DOS, a 2M download.
I unzipped -d (preserve directory structure) and read readme.txt to learn
that the DOS command-line files are in \bin. The other directories are
for use with a Windows browser or Java or Unix.

I copied over to another directory ltooldos:
readme.txt from the root directory (optionally you can also copy
changes.txt readme.1st and ltools.lsm)
ldirdos.exe from \bin
(the other .exe files are for Windows only - java or http
Batch files for DOS: lcd lchange ldel lread lwrite (use at your own risk)

ldir lren lmkdir lln

The other batch files involve guis.
getdrive.exe won't work in DOS nor will ldrive.bat

I tested ldir.bat and lread.bat and was able to list the contents of the
root directory and a subdirectory, and to copy a file from a subdirectory
to the ltooldos directory (I did not specify a path in DOS).

Works very quickly and easily.

I did not test writing, making directories, making symbolic links,
deleting files, changing directories, etc.

In addition to letting you access linux files from DOS without having to
boot linux, this program is suggested for use in rescuing linux.

Of the 2M zip file, I ended up with 171K of DOS command line files.
The .exe is only 120K.

Would anyone like me to zip all these files together into one small
package that James or Steven could post? I would include the .lsm file
to make it more legal. Readme.1st is instructions for Windows.

The other batch files could be rewritten shorter for use DOS only but I
would not do that in a posted version.

Sindi Keesan