baslinux - [BL] Install Sound & Setting X (again)

  • From: "Nepsong Sekalee" <nepsong AT telkom.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Install Sound & Setting X (again)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:37:38 +0700

To Mr. Stevens and the others,

Finally I got some free time to install the BL on my notebook HD.
Right now I'm using the bareapm.i kernel and fire it up using LILO. When I'm doing sound module installation I got no problem with soundcore.o and soundlow.o. But when I do insmod sound.o using trace_init=1 parameter it's always giving error parameter. So I just insmod sound.o without parameter and there is no error message. But how do I know if the sound module is work ? is there any simple sound or mp3 player to test it out ?

I've successfully install X Window too. But everytime I set the screen resolution to 800x600 using both xf86config or XF86Setup the X Window wont start :(. My notebook VGA chips is Neomagic 2093 (128ZV) which is supported by svga.tgz and the LCD resolution is 800x600. So right now I'm forced to use with 640x480 "streched" screen. But anything is work beautifully. Any suggestion to set the resolution to 800x600 ?
And how to install font scale and font 100 dpi module?

Best regards,

Nepsong
"TELKOMNet Instan memberikan diskon 40% untuk akses malam hari dari pukul
23.00 sampai 06.00.
Berlaku untuk wilayah Jawa Timur mulai 1 Mei 2003 sampai 30 Juni 2003."