baslinux - Re: [BL] X Window settings

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X Window settings
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:21:57 +0200

Nepsong Sekalee wrote:
> recently I've been installing BL 2.10 to my P5 166 MHz
> with 48 MB Ram notebook. BL 2.10 relly give a new live to
> it. But I have some question about setting up X Window
> - how to set X to 800x600 resolution ? I've installed
> xsvga.tgz, xfscl.tgz and xf100.tgz as told on BL site and
> configure it with xf86config with no success :(

1. you have to use correct driver for your video card.
2. XF86Setup (rather than xf86config) is right solution
for first tests with setting correct XF86Config file. :)
3. check what max. resolution your notebook can do.
4. IMHO the main problem with XF86Config is setting
correct horizontal and vertical synchronization.

Check info in your docs, or visit your notebook producer
HomePage, or look for in Google.

If none of this help and your LCD can do 1024x768x16bit resolution,
you may try mine settings: horizontal: 30-61kHz, vertical: 56-75Hz.
These are for Samsung SyncMaster 152s LCD, but they work also
for i.e. Fujitsu Lifebook E350.

Chris

Szukasz wyjazdu wakacyjnego? Sprawdź nasze oferty!
Nowy serwis w WP http://oferty.wp.pl/wakacje.html