baslinux - Re: [BL] AC97

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: nihao10000000 AT 163.com
  • Subject: Re: [BL] AC97
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:09:04 +0000

nihao10000000 AT 163.com wrote:

> I'm useing basiclinux2.3

Hmmm... I'll assume that's 2.03

> now I want to driver my sound card (AC97 ALC650)
> but i don't know how to do

The BL2 kernel does not do sound. The BL1 kernel does.
So does the bare.i kernel from Slackware 7.1. If your
computer has only 8mb RAM, you should use BL1. If it
has more than 8mb RAM, you can use BL2 but you need to
replace the zimage in BL2 with the bzimage from the
/kernels/bare.i directory of Slackware 7.1 (and edit
BOOT.BAT to point at bzimage instead of zimage).

Once you have the right kernel, you will need to install
the sound module (from the misc sub-directory of the
kernels directory).
insmod sound trace_init=1