baslinux - Re: [BL] ftp problem

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftp problem
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:17:40 -0400 (EDT)

> > Could I use 'screen' to do this without a mouse? It has a way to copy
> > between screens, meaning I could telnet in one screen and copy to another
> > screen, I think. So far I have only tried screen with a text editor in
> > each screen.
>
> Why do you want to use ftp to download mails? Is it not tedious?

I don't want to download my mail with ftp - someone else did.
I normally just read it online, while dialed directly to my BBS, which
provides Pine mail, and if I need to transfer it to my computer I use
Kermit file transfer to do so. The other person telnets to read mail and
wanted some way to transfer the mail to his own computer. Steven
suggested using script, I asked about using screen (to be more selective
about what you transfer).