baslinux - Re: [BL] ftp problem

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftp problem
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 06:48:03 +0000

keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> Steven and I are having an ongoing disagreement

It's not a disagreement. You asked my advice and I gave
it. If you decide to ignore my advice that's your problem.

> I have had no problems when I install just the needed
> file, to the location indicated by its location in the
> package (in your case /usr/lib/).

I can see a couple of fishhooks in the advice you just
gave to to Russ. If he decides to take your advice
(instead of mine), he probably still won't be able to
run ftp.

> I don't think you have much to lose (just a bit of time)
> by first trying just that one file.

I think most newbies have enough frustration learning
the basics of Linux. Your advice will probably lead
to additional frustration.