baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and sound

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and sound
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:07:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> If I were, some day, to compile my own kernel that permitted the use of
> sound modules, how much larger is it likely to be than zimage? Is it
> mostly drivers than makes bare.i twice the size of zimage, or what?

I think the size is somewhat up to you and your needs. Compiling a custom
kernel that suits your needs and system is, as I understand it, the most
desireable option. I'm guessing you might want to leave out certain
features Steven has compiled in, while adding others you want. Anyway,
common sense tells me that there would not be a large size difference.
<James now steps aside to let the experts offer some *real* advice and
answers>.

James