baslinux - [BL] HD installation - not complete ?

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT acepia.net.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] HD installation - not complete ?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 08:16:50 +1000

Hi Steven,

I finally got to make a HD installation of BL2-02, on a '486, 33 MHz
with 16 MB RAM. I used the whole 125 MB disk D:.

But..... no pkgtool or installpkg - unknown command !

I thought something was not running right when the last 6 or 7 lines
of the install routine were:

"something invalid something magic"

It boots OK, but then gives me an error message, says REBOOT, gives me
a strange login, which is ignored, and finally gives the familiar BL
login as root.

Sorry to be less than specific, but that rig is now disassembled to
make room for cooking. (kitchen bench).

Did I get a corrupted xxx.tgz ? If so, which one is the most likely ?

Or do you need accurate chapter and verse to give me a pointer as to
what to replace, which I can run later today when the kitchen bench is
once more available for its primary function ?

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
http://homepages.valylink.net.au/~ausreg/index.html