baslinux - Re: [BL] HD installation - not complete ?

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HD installation - not complete ?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:34:06 +0000

Ron Clarke wrote:

> I finally got to make a HD installation of BL2-02, on a '486,
> 33 MHz with 16 MB RAM. I used the whole 125 MB disk D:.

Did you use a Slack71 CDrom or did you download the packages?

> But..... no pkgtool or installpkg - unknown command !

They are in the hdsetup.tgz package (which is one of the
base packages that is installed when you put BL2 to HD).

> I thought something was not running right when the last 6
> or 7 lines of the install routine were:
>
> "something invalid something magic"

The installation routine should run cleanly. Any error
message is bad and needs to be fixed.

> Did I get a corrupted xxx.tgz ?

Or perhaps a package was truncated by early termination of
the download? Have a look in /var/log/packages. All the
packages should be there (including hdsetup.tgz). Check
the contents to see if files were actually installed. The
name of an unreadable package could in the list (but it
will have no files).