baslinux - Re: [BL] HD installation - not complete ?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HD installation - not complete ?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 22:45:37 -0400 (EDT)

I also downloaded all of my Linux packages to a DOS computer and this did
not cause any problems. (I transferred them via floppy disk, or to the
DOS partition on the Linux computer via laplink, or via Kermit and
nullmodem cable).

Slackware 7.1 files are already 8/3, and I think all the packages are in
lower case, unlike later versions.

I did, however, try to install Ted after downloading directly to Linux and
was told it was not a gzip file. Ted was not in 8/3 format. I truncated
the name to 8/3 so I could retype it more easily and maybe this caused
problems?

This makes my lack of a backspace seem trivial. Good luck.