baslinux - Re: [BL] HD installation - not complete ?

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HD installation - not complete ?
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 10:35:37 +0200

qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

I have 486dx33, 16MB RAM, 250MB HDD, CD-ROM 4x.
I managed to install BL2-02 to HDD C: with
packages from CD-ROM with _completely_ no problem.

> > I have since checked every one of those packages (as
> > in gunzip -t xxx.tgz) and every one without exception
> > got the thumbs down - invalid tgzp magic.
>
> They are not recognized as gzips.

I confirm - they aren't gzipped files.
So Ron, check: 1st - size of your *.tgz files,
It should be (in bytes):

a2/bin = 1,029,260
a2/e2fsprog = 261,848
a3/gzip = 52,484
a4/fileutls = 414,358
a6/grep = 202,451
a6/hdsetup = 141,626
a6/ldso = 199,847
a13/tar = 302,427

2nd - if they don't match, check how browser treat *.tgz
files - maybe as ascii not binary ones.

3nd - if size match, boot BL2 ramdisk version
and do "md5sum" on those *.tgz.

You should get:
================================
0efec464fd245ff472b293932ec97e87 bin.tgz
45c5f6c74b69a5df602f23a6f5b92c4d e2fsprog.tgz
fff2175e6b3e2751ff34f43872cb785d gzip.tgz
e7dd3fa72e5a01d4d3955996cd328db2 fileutls.tgz
56a7c6b1d54181032fd3a97f0970bc7e grep.tgz
a6cff493e87d77e1ee1da038af3975b4 hdsetup.tgz
f4a08daddf4d68c3613e6d1e19884922 ldso.tgz
f157a0726914dddab346a22b455ccd68 tar.tgz

Chris