b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YHB does it exist for Biblical Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YHB does it exist for Biblical Hebrew?
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 08:56:00 -0400

It is not clear to me what constitutes a mistaken pointing. If somebody wants to re-point the HB to his liking and understanding he is certainly free to do so.
A dot is placed in a letter following a patax, a qubuc and a xirik. If it is not so, then the NAQDANIYM deviated, I think, from an earlier tradition.

Isaac Fried, Boston University