b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YHB does it exist for Biblical Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YHB does it exist for Biblical Hebrew?
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 07:25:47 +0200

Remark, Karl:
In a general way the N of suffix -NW that refers to the 3rd person singular
masculine has dagesh. This is the so called "energic nun".
You pay little attention to the masoretic pointing, but........ many times
it is quite useful!

The fact that here and there mistakes appear in the pointing does not mean
or imply that points are always mistaken!

Compare these two patterns:

http://www.oham.net/out/PS-t/PS-t0943.html
and
http://www.oham.net/out/PS-t/PS-t0944.html

They are nearly identical! Their main difference is just the dagesh in the
N (and the consequent reduction of the preceding vowel: tsere > segol).

Remark: if in the page of pattern PS-t0944 you try to take a look on the
variant PS-t0625 by clicking on the corresponding link and a page appears
saying that you'd pay per view, click on «Next» in the upper right corner
of this page and the free page will open.

Regards

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Northeastern Spain)

--
Pere Porta