b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YHB does it exist for Biblical Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YHB does it exist for Biblical Hebrew?
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 07:18:36 +0200

Karl,

I think that your assumption that the word in Hos 11,1 may be from the root
HBH is not well based.
Remark: when they take the suffix of 3rd person masc. sing., verbs
lamed"heh (nowadays called lamed"yod) take the suffix NW.
Take a look at http://www.oham.net/out/PS-d/PS-d0071.html
Concerning 11:4, I think that the word is clearly a singular feminine =
love.

Friendly,

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Northeastern Spain)