b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] no to aspect

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew List <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] no to aspect
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:22:39 -0600

Hello Isaac;

Thanks for your comments.

I agree.

And as I mentioned to Nir in a recent post, I personally ascertain tense, by
looking at the context. And most of the time, the context agrees with your
paragraph 2. When it does not, I simply let context rule.

It seems I will have to wait until the time travel machine arrives, before I
can discover why all the exceptions to your paragraph 2 rule, appear in the
masoretic text. ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Jamnia

Perhaps they "will" agree with your paragraph 3. It's just a matter of
aspect .... :)

regards,

fred burlingame