b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 31:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 31:12
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:52:14 -0700

Pere:

You still have not answered my question.

You keep repeating that you made a study, but what good is a study if it is
based on the wrong presuppositions? What standards did you use to determine
that there are no examples of a piel participle of the form mem + two root
letters? This has been my question for the last few posts.

If the reason is the Masoretic points and/or tradition, I have good reason
to reject the results of your study as authoritative, as the Masoretic
points are unquestionably wrong at times, and tradition, well, that’s like
the game of telegraph.

Karl W. Randolph.