b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 31:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 31:12
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 05:20:16 +0200

Karl,

I'm failing to understand you.
Did you read the supposition I wrote about of the plural (of English nouns)
that would end in -k?
If a given language lacks a given form (or pattern or structure).... what
does this mean if not that this form (or pattern or structure) does not
exist in this language?

If a given pattern is found nowhere within a wide range of texts in this
language... is it reasonable to think that maybe the form/pattern/structure
in question exists?

If someone asks concerning the French language: is it possible that a word
ending -am is a third person plural of the Present tense of a (French)
verb? ........ the answer is NO. Why? Because this "pattern" -this ending
-am for a third person plural of present tense- is not found in the French
language...

Did you read my post on piel participles of verbs ayin-waw/yod I sent to the
list two or three days ago? Did you read the answer of Randall Buth to my
post?

Heartly,

Pere Porta