b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 31:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 31:12
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:37:18 -0700

Dear Pere:

Let’s go back to the beginning.

I asked if this were an example of a piel participle.

You said “no” based on your studies.

I have asked for reasons for that “no” and you have yet to answer me.

I can neither agree nor disagree with your claim based on lack of
information.

As I understand you, you say that there are 11 different verbs that are
conjugated as a mem followed by two root letters as participles. Can you
please list them? At this point I ask for all 11 of them. I can then take
them home and look them up in a concordance as well as electronic searches
on my computers to see them in their contexts. I want to see them as they
are actually used, not just a vague claim that I cannot substantiate.

To give an example, when I discussed with Randall Buth about the uses of the
participle in direct speech in Tanakh, I provided not only the verb, but the
verse in which it appears, that disproves his claim. Since then I have found
a couple of more examples. I want to see examples, not vague claims. So far,
all you have given me are vague claims.

Are you right? I don’t know. Are you wrong? I don’t know. All I ask for is
enough information to see if your claims are believable or not.