b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 31:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 31:12
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 06:40:08 +0200

Karl,
concerning your doubts:

1. Ez 33:32 -------- Compare with the long form found in Psa 119:68. The
Tanakh never uses this verb yatav (or tuv) in piel. Only in qal and in
hifil.
In today Hebrew the piel of this verb is used. But it is used following ptr
www.oham.net/out/P-t/P-t306.html

2. Ex 21:12 ------- The usual piel form would be m'nakeh, would it not?

Look at
www.oham.net/out/P-t/P-t308.html

3. 1K 6:29 -------- Remark that the right piel participle form of verb savav
matches ptr
www.oham.net/out/PI-t1/PI-t1-117.html
as the Academy of the Hebrew Language confirmed some years ago.

Kind regards from Barcelona.

Pere Porta

--
Pere Porta
"Ei nekrói ouk eguéirontai, fágomen kai píomen áurion gar apothnéskomen"