b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:33:16 -0700

David:

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you’re talking about.

As a communicator, I still reference dictionaries in order to learn
standard ways terms are used. Even for my native tongue. Using terms
in non-standard ways may sometimes work for poetry, but usually
results in misunderstanding. And using tools such as dictionaries
leads to certain understandings not only for something as simple as
“plod”, but also for “uncancellable meaning” and what is referred to
by such terms.

With this example, it appears to me that your criticism of Rolf stems
from a different use of terminology than understood by Rolf, Stoney
Breyer and myself, among others.

Karl W. Randolph.