b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • To: hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:18:10 -0400

I agree there, Harold. My point has been, in discussing the passage of
literature in question, is that it is NOT an establishment of a dichotomy of
old and new but predicting a future time when the covenant will be new in
form and not essence. Interpreted in light of the backstory, the
administration of the Mosaic Covenant would become new in that it would allow
a sense of freedom because the Lamb of G-d will have paid the penalty for
transgression of the Covenant; The difference is in quality and quantity
because the Lamb would only have to be sacrificed once and for all; The
Mashiach is a superior High Priest (being in the heavenly throne room) to the
Levites (being in the earthly throne room); The individual will have direct
access to the heavenly throne room; Torah will be written upon their hearts
so there will no longer be a need to teach one another, etc. The "new
covenant" has not yet taken place. These are elements of the idea in the
literature also recapitualed in the NT.

Shabbat Shalom,
David Fenton
Gal. 27-29: For as many as have had a tevilah into Moshiach have clothed
yourselves with Moshiach. There is not Yehudi nor Yevani (Greek), there is
not eved (servant) nor ben chorin (freedman), there is not zachar (male) nor
nekevah (female), for you are all echad in Moshiach Yehoshua/Yeshua. And, if
you belong to Moshiach (YESHAYAH 53:10), then you are of the ZERAH of Avraham
Avinu, you are yoreshim (heirs) according to the havtachah (promise).