b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Shoshanna Walker'" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 01:17:58 -0400

> From: 'Shoshanna Walker'
>
> So what do I, or any of us Jews who spend our time observing Torah
> and learning it as best we can, each to our own ability, care what
> Peter says?
[Steve Miller] your statement was that Romans does not claim to be the word
of God. I said that the New Testament does say it is the word of God.

> They didn't have to claim it - they didn't have to prove themselves
> to ignoramuses like me and you - they were living, breathing,
> sleeping Torah!
[Steve Miller] Then you admit that the oral law never claimed to be the word
of God.

Also, I don't think these people were living, breathing and sleeping the
Torah. They were more likely living, breathing and sleeping commentaries
about the Torah, which is very different, and endless.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info